7052 NYS RTE-9N, Westport NY 12993
Entertainment bookings (bands/DJ’s/Karaoke) for all events including weddings, class reunions, corporate and private parties. Music instruction, drum lessons, and vocal coaching.
518-963-7777, 1610 NYS Route 22, Whallonsburg, NY
The historic Whallonsburg Grange is located in the heart of the Champlain Valley, 5 miles from Lake Champlain and the village of Essex, New York. It sits at the crossroads of NYS Route 22 and Whallons Bay Road in the hamlet of Whallonsburg. The beautifully restored, century-old building is home to concerts by regionally and nationally known performers, a bi-weekly film series, plays, lectures, classes and workshops throughout the year. In July and August, the Boquet River Theatre Festival children’s summer camp moves in with dozens of young actors spending four weeks rehearsing and presenting musical theater on our stage. All kinds of community events, from annual meetings to Election Night Dinners take place here and the Grange is available for birthdays, weddings, anniversary parties, family reunions, meetings, and other gatherings. The certified commercial kitchen is available to rent for catering, cooking, canning, commercial food production, and farm and community projects.
Piano By Nature was founded to bring professional and thought-provoking performances to the North Country and to make available creative educational programs to local area schools.
(518) 310-2277, PO Box 25 · Essex, NY 12936
Essex Editions offers a hybrid publishing model that they call artisanal media. Think of it as mentored publishing and promotion for indies. Indie authors. Indie artists. Indie makers and entrepreneurs and activists. Think of Essex Editions as your reliable partner and your experienced coach.
Welcome to The Depot Theatre. Our historic building is a functioning train station built in 1876, so journeys with The Depot Theatre are both literal and figurative. Our theatrical journeys require no passport or baggage, just your willingness to sit in a comfortable seat in an air conditioned room while our professional artists dazzle you with story, dance and song.
The mission of The Depot Theatre is to entertain, enrich, and educate through professional theatrical arts and related programs based in a historic train station.
The Depot Theatre will have a robust, regional, and year-round presence by creating the highest of quality programs, building strong partnerships, and enhancing community engagement while promoting diversity in all that we do.
(518) 962-4590, Westport, NY 12993
Aerobie Fields Pottery is a functioning pottery studio operated by local artist Meredith Johnston. Meredith also provides instruction in the ceramic arts to local children.
Meredith Johnston’s pottery features distinctive decorative and functional stoneware. Bowls, pitchers, casseroles, vases and crafts may be purchased locally at stores, farmers’ markets, or by commission.
Main St. Rte 9N, 22; PO Box 96, Westport, NY 12993
“The Park that brings people together”
Summer concerts and activities in the Park. A lifeguard equipped, public beach. Skating and sledding in winter. Heritage Festival, flower gardens, picnic tables, benches, beautiful view, Plein Air.
(518) 962-4449, 6705 Main St., PO Box 414 Westport, NY 12993
www.depottheatre.org – E-mail
Professional live theatre in a restored 1876 train station. Plays, musicals, live events.
(518) 962-8650, Main St, Rt 9N Westport, NY 12993
2017, 169th Annual Fair “Kick it up in the Barnyard” Aug 16-20.
Arts & Crafts sale and exhibits. Demonstrations daily. Carnival rides;
$10 admission includes; All Carnival Rides, most shows; parking;
Children 3 and under FREE!
Aug 17 Trailer Races; Figure 8, Truck Demo
Aug 18, 19 Truck Pulls
Aug 20 Demolition Derby
(518) 962-4899, 20 Washington St, Westport, NY 12993 www.westportmarina.com/galley Memorable lakeside dining, on deck or air-conditioned dining room. Lunch, dinner, late night bar menu. Live weekend entertainment. Saturday BBQ features. Monday night trivia. Wednesday piano jazz. Groups welcome. Free WiFi. Pets welcome on deck. Father’s Day to Labor Day. Re-Open Father’s Day Breakfast Jun 17, 2018. E-mail .
518-963-7385, 6 Leaning Rd. Essex, NY 12936
Lakeside School is a farm- and forest-based Waldorf school in Essex County, New York that serves families with young children up to third grade. Situated amidst the Adirondack mountains and the fertile farmland of the Boquet River Valley, this school provides an enriching natural setting for its many programs, including year-round Childcare, a farm- and field-based Kindergarten, and mixed-grade Early Elementary instruction.
At Lakeside, children learn about themselves and the world around them. It is a place where children can still be children as they learn to be contributing members of a community. The experiences at Lakeside lay a strong foundation for success in all areas of life by fostering confdence, self-reliance, independence, a genuine interest in others, and a life-long love of learning.
Parents and community members are invited to participate in our parent education evenings, work parties, community events and rich festival life.
Lakeside School runs from early September to mid-June and is a developing member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America. It is located on the corners of Cook and Leaning Road in Essex, NY at Black Kettle Farm.
Lakeside School is recognized and chartered by the NYS Department of Education and is a developing member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
Gallery – Art Studio – Teaching Space
Address: 6480 Main Street, Westport NY 12993
This business is atelier, a gallery with an artist’s studio. There are group shows throughout the year. Providing workshops in printing and paper making. Several solo shows and fundraisers will be held in the spring and summer seasons. The shop carries handcrafted pillows, candles, gourd and shell creations, and furniture. New crafters and more workshops to come.
(518) 962-2400, 1424 County Rte 10 Westport, NY 12993 www.meadowmount.com – E-mail A seven week summer school for talented and devoted music students. A school with “a special spirit that is conducive to total concentration on excellence in musical performance” and a place to enjoy the camaraderie of other young people from around the world who are serious about their musical development. Students work under outstanding faculty and present three concerts each week, open to the public, Sunday, Wednesday,& Friday 7:30 pm.
(518) 412-2712, 60 Sisco St. PO Box 413, Westport, NY 12993 www.overtimephotography.com Large capacity photo booth entertains guests and creates memories with unlimited photos during events. Fun props, photo frames, a scrapbook, custom DVDs, and green screen options. Personalize photo strips with date, names, logo, etc. Custom layouts available. Serving New York and New England, but will travel anywhere. E-Mail for brochures and questions.
(518) 962-8717, 763 NYS Route 22 Wadhams, NY 12993
wadhamsfreelibrary.org – E-Mail
Public library next to the Falls of the Boquet River in Wadhams. Books, magazines, interlibrary loan, internet access, story hour, lecture series, book group. Free Wi-Fi.
(518) 962-8244, 25 Sisco St. Westport, NY 12993
K-12 public school with 275 students. Educating and preparing students to be contributing members of the school and community.
6459 Main St. Rte 9N,22, PO Box 394, Westport, NY 12993
Westport’s community, visitor, and heritage center. Serves residents and visitors for classes, art shows, meetings, concerts, and tells our community heritage. Contact us about using the center. 518-795-4280
(518) 962-8219, 8 Harris Lane, Westport
www.westportnylibrary.org – E-mail
Century old public library on the historic, library lawn. Book groups. Free WiFi.
(518) 962-4356, 20 Washington St. PO Box 410, Westport, NY 12993
www.westportmarina.com – E-mail
Dockage, full service, parts, repairs. boat rentals. Marine supplies, clothing, gifts, toys, books. Memorable lakeside dining. Free WiFi. Pets welcome. Weekend entertainment. Yanmar, Volvo Penta, Zodiac, Cummins Onan generators for home, commercial and marine use.