518-412-2525, Grange Hall, Rte 22, Whallonburg, NY, www.brtf.com
Provides young people with theatrical training and experience. talented children, ages 8 to 14, that work for 3 weeks to put together a musical production in August.
(888) 962-4720, 126 Dudley Rd Westport, NY 12993
Founded in 1885, Camp Dudley is the oldest camp in the USA for boys. Ages 10 1/2 to 15. Camp Kiniya for girls ages 9-15, Colchester VT.
518-929-1888. Fishing charters on Lake Champlain, June thru Oct. Steigercraft 25 ft hardtop. Lake Trout, Salmon, Bass, Perch, and Sightseeing. USCG Master license 50 ton; located in Westport and Catskill. E-Mail
A curated community blog created by and for Essex, NY residents, visitors and businesses and orgainizations. Events, stories, photos and videos.
(518) 526-4520. Main St. Masonic Lodge, Essex NY www.essextheatre.org
Bringing quality inexpensive theatre to the surrounding communities, and to provide an opportunity for local adults and youth to participate in production of plays and musicals, See web for schedule and how to participate. E-mail
Annual “Adirondack Agricultural Fair” with many shows daily. Arts & Crafts for sale and exhibits. Several demonstrations daily. Carnival rides; 2016 new: Indian River Olde Time Lumberjack Show and Hansen’s Spectacular Acrobatic Sensations Aerial Show. See web site for schedules.
Theme for 2016 is “we go out on a limb for you”
(518) 962-2400, 1424 County Rte 10 Westport, NY 12993 www.meadowmount.com – E-mail A seven week, summer school for talented music students. Students work under outstanding faculty and present three concerts each week, open to the public, Sunday, Wednesday,& Friday 7:30 pm.
(518) 962-4750, 96 Furnace Point Rd Westport, NY 12993
Lakeside beach resort. Restaurant, lakeside dining at the Coco Cafe, comfortable cottages, waterskiing, wakeboarding, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming pool, tennis. Live music throughout the summer. Seasonal.
(518) 962-8244, 25 Sisco St. Westport, NY 12993
K-12 public school with 275 students. Educating and preparing students to be contributing members of the school and community.
6459 Main St. Rte 9N,22, PO Box 394, Westport, NY 12993
Westport’s community, visitor, and heritage center. Serves residents and visitors for classes, art shows, meetings, concerts, and tells our community heritage. Contact us about using the center. 518-795-4280
(518) 962-4356, 20 Washington St. PO Box 410, Westport, NY 12993
www.westportmarina.com – E-mail
Dockage, full service, parts, repairs. boat rentals. Marine supplies, clothing, gifts, toys, books. Memorable lakeside dining. Free WiFi. Pets welcome. Weekend entertainment. Yanmar, Volvo Penta, Zodiac, Cummins Onan generators for home, commercial and marine use.